U.S. Trucking Giants Knight and Swift to Merge

U.S. trucking giants Knight and Swift are merging in a stock-swap deal. According to a press release, the transaction will create the industry’s largest full truckload company. The combined firm will be known as Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings and will be based in Phoenix.

Swift stockholders will own about 54 percent and Knight stockholders will own the remaining 46 percent of the combined company.