In part 4 of this series on common complaints about structured settlement factoring, Matt Bracy and Scott Drake discuss the frequent charge that factoring companies "take advantage of" consumers. Matt and Scott discuss:
- Do factoring companies charge sharp discounts to payees who are ill equipped to appreciate the value of their future payments
- Do factoring companies give sellers pennies on the dollar to buy payments
- Are factoring companies taking advantage of people?
- Do structured settlement payees require some sort of special protection?
- Why all the negativity when talking about factoring?
As always, we welcome your comments or questions about this issue or anything concerning structured settlement factoring. You may comment here, or contact Matt Bracy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.